Please allow ActiveX content to Run, content here will be replaced by the gallery.
- Wild Madagascar - A wonderful site developed by Mr. Rhett Butler. "The mission of WildMadagascar.org is to raise awareness on Madagascar and provide an English-based educational resource for Malagasy people". A site definitely worth checking out for all things Madagascar related.
- African Studies Center - Madagascar Page - The University of Pennsylvania's African Studies page on Madagascar. Lots of other links on all things Madagascar.
- Honorary Consulate of Madagascar - Based in Solana Beach, California. An online resource for Visa applications, embassy information, etc.
- The Denver Zoo - A leader in the captive breeding and conservation of Madagascar's endangered fishes
- The Ichthyology Department of the American Museum of Natural History - Researchers from the AMNH are actively studying the fish of Madagascar. Check out Dr. Stiassny's and Dr. Sparks' personal sites. Check here for recent publications on the fish of Madagascar
- Zootaxa: A rapid international journal for animal taxonomists. The Pisces section has a number of recent works on the fish of Madagascar
- Sociedad de Estudios Ictiológicos (SEI) - The Sociedad de Estudios Ictiológicos decided that it would be good to develop a captive breeding and maintenance program for some species of interest, this is their blogspot with entries in both Spanish and English. A great project and an example of what a few dedicated individuals can do when they set their minds to something. They are currently working with Paratilapia sp. nov. "Andapa".
- The SEI main website - Mostly in Spanish; this site descibes the SEI project and has a great photogallery of some of their project fish.
- Below Water - Oliver Lucanus is a well know fish importer and adventurer. He's travelled to Madagascar a number of times and is responsible for helping to establish many of the Madagascar fishes we have in the hobby today.
- The Malawi Cichlid Home Page - The Art and Science of Fishkeeping. Many articles and photos of a wide range of cichlids. Click on the Fish index and scroll down to find the Madagascan cichlids.
- The Cichlid Room Companion - The Internet Cichlidae Information Center. A wonderful resource of articles and photos on the family Cichlidae; maintained by Juan Miguel Artigas Azas.
- Fish Base - If you haven't experienced fish base, hold on. A searchable database on all scientifically described fish species. A good starting point for learning more about your favorite fish. Geared more towards the researcher/scientist than the hobbyist.
- Danios and Devarios - Check out Pete Cottle's website on, you guessed it, Danios and Devarios. An excellent resource for these species of fish.
- Rainbowfish Info - Rainbowfish are freshwater fish originating from Australia, New Guinea and Madagascar. Rainbowfish.info is an online community geared towards the keeping and breeding of these magnificent fish.
- Madagroup of the AFC - A forum and information site devoted to the fish of Madagascar. A subgroup of the AFC (French Cichlid Association) this site feautres cichlids but has forums devoted to the "other" fishes of Madagascar as well in both French and English.
- Flash Nifties: Professional Flash Tools - Aleksey Vaynshteyn produces some very nice flash based scripts for websites. His XML Flash Gallery is in use at the top of this page